Monday, June 30, 2014

first bike ride

Today was an important day in the life of Little Granddaughter -- her first bike ride! We've had the child seat in place for a while, in anticipation of this day. Since her daddy is away with the military (in Hawaii, of all places) and her mummy works as an RN, and since I am off work this week, LGD is joining us from 6:30-3:30 each day. I drove in at 6:00 a.m. to pick her up and couldn't wait for it to warm up a bit so we could go for a ride.

After a helmet fitting, we started off at about 10:00, and before we'd even left the driveway, she was saying "Whoo!" I wasn't sure if it was a happy sound or a scared sound, so I stopped to check and was pleased to see a big smile on her face. We rode all around the trails, stopping at the playground so she could try out the slides and swings. 

We were bouncing up and down on the bouncy thing -- sort of like a teeter-totter -- when the bike, which I had parked against a post, caught her eye and she pointed, asking to get down. As soon as I lifted her off the seat, she ran to the bike, waiting to be lifted into the seat. I was happy to oblige.

We rode a little more, past a pond ("Duck! Duck!) and then up the hill and back home for a nap.

No comments: