Friday, June 27, 2014

on top of the world...


When I ride north, up the hill, and look around me, that is how I feel. There's something about the view, the endless sky, the clean air, the satisfying workout, that invigorates me. My turnaround driveway is at the highest point on Airport Road; I look east and see the road to St. Albert far in the distance.
 The driveway itself is home to this quintessential Alberta scene, complete with the rusty old tractor, the ranch gate and wagon wheel, the rustic fence, and the spruce trees. 
Blue sky serves as the perfect backdrop.
The lilac hedgerow is as stunning and surprising as ever. After my Roller Coaster Road detour, which involves a demanding climb extending over five or six steep hills, turning right and seeing this breathtaking sight is a reward indeed.



 And I loved the look of these wispy clouds behind the tree.
 
I rode just over 61 km.
Saw lots of other cyclists today; most of them looked like they were training for a charity ride (translation: they were overweight.) Kudos to them for making the effort!
Temperature: 25 degrees; wind: southeast 10 km/hour

No comments: