Friday, June 27, 2014

the many uses for i-fresh


Never heard of "i-fresh"? You're not alone. 

I know about these handy premoistened towelettes only because one of my students, a young woman from Laos, gave me a big package of them. "Because you ride your bike," she said, implying that I, more than other people, would find them useful.

She was right. They are small cotton washcloths pre-moistened with water and alcohol and encased in plastic. Handy for cleaning your hands after you touch one of the not-so-clean parts of your bike. For wiping off your shoes after riding through a puddle. For wiping off your jacket after being splashed by a passing automobile. They are useful the first time around, but they are also reusable. I reuse them for wiping my bike chain after lubing it.

And they are also handy for keeping your bike lock from rattling around when it's attached by bungee cords to your rear rack.

No comments: