Saturday, May 11, 2013

Who has seen the wind?


Having learned my lesson yesterday about trying to change my ways and riding in a southerly direction, today I once again pointed my bike north and uphill. 
I rode about 56.5 km. Usually the wind is from the north, but today it was a southeast wind, which meant the hardest uphill portions of my ride were easier than normal. 
I won't complain about that!

But the wind was pretty strong, and I really felt it when heading east and south. You know it's windy when you pedal like crazy to go downhill and still aren't going very fast. 

I kind of like the wind, though. I like the feeling that it can't win. I'm not exactly a heavyweight, and sometimes I'm afraid I'll be swept into the ditch -- or into the lane of traffic -- by a crosswind, but so far I've managed to stay on track.


And it was a splendid day -- 24 C; the sky was beautiful; the grass is turning green; leaves are out on the trees... even the ducks on the pond were happy.


 

No comments: