Monday, May 20, 2013

a scented ride


Today I didn't go out of town for a bike ride. I find that when I ride a lot I have trouble keeping the weight on, and I was feeling a bit skinny today. So I decided to go for a shorter, less intense ride. I rode about 18 km on the trails and streets, and it seemed like everywhere I rode, I saw -- and smelled -- these white blossoms on the trees. It sure beats manure, a scent I encounter occasionally on my country rides.


I rode to the library, via the multi-use paths, to return some stuff and then rode on the new road near the golf course, where I spent many hours skiing this past winter. It looks like a different world these days. Then I rode as far west as I could, to the new school, and then back to the woods, up the trail and home.
 

  After I got home, I took the dog for a walk. Hubby has been bothered by allergies the last few days, and walking is miserable for him, so it was just me and Maggie today. I loved the look of the sunlight highlighting the yellow-gold lichens on these trees.


No comments: