Saturday, May 3, 2014

a sunday ride

Sunday, April 27  -- I rode about 55 km. It felt great! It was a gorgeous day, with a bit of wind and sunny skies. There were so many ducks and geese on the ponds, for the first time this season, and I even saw a gopher (Richardson's ground squirrel, for the serious scientific types.) It truly felt like spring. I didn't see many cyclists -- just three, all guys. One was a young kid on a mountain bike, looking as happy as if he had just learned the secret of flying.

I had a hard time starting my ride, as I wasn't sure what to wear. I finally settled on a thin merino sweater with two thin jerseys. Perfect, it turned out! I put a set of insulated insoles in my cycling shoes and wore my smartwool socks, and my feet were warm enough for the first time. 

I rode to the seniors' home and past their windows and wondered if any of them recognized me from last year.

Temperature: 12 C; wind SE, 10 km/hour.  

No comments: