Friday, May 30, 2014

adventures in bicycle shopping

This is not about shopping FOR a bicycle but about going shopping via bicycle. In other words, riding a bike to the store.

Sometimes my arrival at the store's bike rack elicits a smile, when I see a few other bikes locked up while their owners are inside shopping. A sight like this makes me think that maybe there is hope for the human race.


But then there are the times like today, when I arrived at the bike rack, ready to lock up my bike, only to find this:

With some difficulty, I managed to lock my bike to the very end of the bike rack, but if I were the swearing type, I definitely would have sworn. I did report this person to customer service. I mean, really, I appreciate the fact that you are riding a scooter instead of driving a pickup truck or SUV, but that does not mean that your scooter is a bicycle. And it certainly doesn't entitle you to block off the bike rack so that no other cyclists can use it.

No comments: