Sunday, March 23, 2014

a chilly weekend

The first weekend of spring has been a chilly one. Lows of minus 15C feel so much worse after a week or more of above-zero temps.

I haven't done a lot of riding, but have been busy with other stuff, including a visit from Little Granddaughter (and her mom and dad.)

Yesterday I took Beatrice (Specialized Vita) to the bike shop and left her there so the guys can attach the fender-rack combo I ordered. I also arranged to have the cassette and chain upgraded, hoping that will prevent the slipping of gears I've experienced. I am excited about having this done, so I hope I won't be disappointed in the result. I am looking forward to using this bike for my daily commute and also for some longer trips -- maybe even an overnighter or two.

Today I rode to and from church. Old friends who have been living and working in the Arabian Peninsula for the last few years were there, so it was nice to catch up with them. Now we're waiting for Oldest Son to come over. He and Youngest Son are planning their Spring Break trip to South American -- Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and a quick jaunt across the Amazon into Brazil. They plan to do this bike ride from Lima to Pachacamac -- and yes, of course I wish I could go along!

 
I have some time off in May and then again at the end of June, so maybe I can do some travelling then.

No comments: