Monday, September 2, 2013

Summer breeze...

makes me feel fine.

Especially when I can go for a 65 km country bike ride!

It was pretty hot -- 27 degrees -- and sunny, with just a little bit of wind. This was the first time I drank almost all the water in my bottle.

I rode up and down Roller Coaster Road, then west and north and east, finally turning around at the seniors' home.

After this, I usually take Muir Lake Road (aka Deer Trail) which winds around to the north-south range road that goes straight downhill back into town. Today I opted for something different and rode west all the way to the North-South Secondary Highway, where I then turned south. This road has extra-wide shoulders, so it's nice to ride on, but it's definitely not as scenic as the other road. The downhill is not as spectacular either. But it was a great ride and I have no complaints!

 Lilac Lane (above) is starting to look like fall, and this old building (below) is a classic prairie farm structure. The clear blue sky is pretty classic prairie, too.

No comments: