Tuesday, September 24, 2013

it's called a KICKstand for a reason

I found that out the hard way today. 

For some reason, I often seem to en up standing on the right side of my bike, while the kickstand is, of course, on the left side. When this happens, I normally lean over the bike and use my hand to flip the kickstand into place. Well, this morning when I did that, I pinched my thumb and ended up with a cut that bled almost all day. At lunch time, instead of going for my usual 3 km walk, I went to the drugstore to get band-aids.

I think I learned my lesson... although when I got back to the car after work, I almost did it again. I stopped myself in the nick of time.

Other than this minor mishap, the last two days commuting have been delightful. The cooler morning temperatures mean I don't get hot, even on the hills, yet the sunny skies take the chill out of the air. The trees are gradually changing colour and everything that has that golden glow typical of fall.

No comments: