Friday, August 30, 2024

Same old, same old

Today's ride was a little less exciting than yesterday's, as I didn't see much out of the ordinary.

Well, that's not quite true -- There was this strange sight on one of the nesting boxes at the Club pond. At first I thought it was a duck, but it was too big for that. I could tell it was a large bird, but without my bins I wasn't sure what. So I took a closer look, and it turned out to be a Great Blue Heron, all huddled up.


The cormorant was also at Deer Park pond. Maybe it spent the night there. Also saw lots of ducks, as usual.

School only started yesterday, so it seems a little early to be fed up with it already:

And, I am totally envious of this person's tomato plants. I have no idea how they do this, but this is my goal for next summer!


My rides around town also give me a chance to wonder about the minds of bike thieves. I have had two bikes stolen from my yard and another stolen from work. Youngest Son had a bike stolen from a friend's backyard. Second Son has had three or four bike stolen from his backyard. Yet as I ride around, I see bikes everywhere, thrown down on front lawns, sitting on the front porch, and worst of all, lying on the sidewalk in front of the house. There is a certain pink bike that has been there for more than a week. Are my family's bikes really that much more appealing? Maybe.

No comments: