Sunday, August 18, 2013

65k loop

I rode my new-to-me road bike again -- 65 km this time, looping up and over to St. Albert and then back via Meadowview Drive. All was good until I headed west into the wind and then I really began to feel the extra thickness on the saddle. I had to stop three or four times for a little break. Each time I resumed riding it was fine for a while, but then I had to stop again. Looks like I'll be hunting down a different saddle. Our local bike shop doesn't have a very good selection, so maybe I'll have to see what I can find in the city.


It was a gorgeous day, although the west wind was pretty relentless. As I rode into the wind, I did appreciate being able to ride in the drop position, although I was so sore by this time that I couldn't fully enjoy it.

And it is starting to look like fall in the fields around here...

The temperature was about 22 C, and the humidity that has been prevalent for the last few weeks has finally left us, so the air was fresh and clear.  Grasshoppers are everywhere along the road, along with woolly bear caterpillars. Yes, fall is on its way. Summer has been too short, but I am hoping for a warm September and October and for lots of rides in the stunning autumn foliage. I started my road cycling last September, and it was breathtakingly beautiful, so even though I am sad to see summer come to an end, there is something to look forward to!

No comments: